Studying & Dancing With Joy

Once a choreographer offered to teach these children so that they could dance in Bhaidas Hall during their Summer Function.10 children started going for the rehearsals.

Once the Trustee got a call from Choreographer that Salma Khan (name changed). who was the lead dancer, was absent for a few days.
 
Someone was sent to her house to find out the reason for her whereabouts.
Since their house was locked, they couldn't gather any information.
The neighbours informed us that police had come & put all of them behind the bars since they were beggars from Bangladesh & it was a case of illegal immigration.
The police officer informed that all adults & infants were in Jail & 3 adolescents were in Dongri Remand Home.
 
My daughter Ms Priya Kumar was ready to adopt them. We tried contacting social workers for the children's bail but were told that only a legal guardian could bail them out.
She was told that the bail of the elders was approved but nobody in their community was prepared to come forward for fear of being caught & others did not want to mess up in this illegal affair.
 
I was very upset. As soon as I would open my Facebook account, I would see her picture 
dancing at H K College and I would start crying.
I tried my level best to change the profile picture but couldn't till she was rescued.
I ran from one department of police to the other, then to court to trace the parents. Trust me, it wasn't an easy job.
 
Advocate Anil Mishra, who was handling the parent's case cheated us by taking money to bail them out, while her sister in law, who had escaped, had already paid him money for bail
Through all this turmoil, we got the mother bailed out. 
 
Through the mother, I could visit the children. The children had grown thinner in 15 days, with lice crawling on their faces. They were physically abused, made to do manual work, and were bullied by seniors.
On seeing me children broke down. Salma told me "Nani, I was sure you would come to rescue us"
It took us 15 days to bail children out. Salma went for rehearsal & on the 5th day of her freedom, she danced on stage as a lead dancer.
They got a standing ovation and as far as I am concerned, it was a personal standing ovation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Ever Blog