First Ever Blog



I worked for Reserve Bank of India for 27 years & retired as Assistant Manager.
Believe me, me metabiological age is 45 years whereas my biological age is 72 years.
I hang out with my school friends since past 60 years.
I joined Anupam Kher's Acting Academy at 70 years & made friends with people 1/3 of my age & often hang out with them in theatres etc.

I am very passionate about social causes.
I volunteered for Trust run by UTV, looking after Mentally Handicapped People from Slum for 10 years.
Organised show for Physically & Mentally Challenged children on Antakhshri on Zee TV with Anu Kapur & Pallavi Joshi as host in 2001.

On 21 Mar 2007, I formed my own Trust & named it Sona Sarovar Trust.
We work for slum children who go to school.
Since parents are illiterate & poor, they cant afford to pay tuition fee, with the result these children score low, fail, drop out of the school & start earning. Parents too welcome an extra income so the vicious cycle of poverty remains in their family for generations.
We wanted to liberate the new generation from this trap so we started with Tuition Classes.

Homework is unheard in their families. Parents feel they have done their duty by sending their children to school. They are neither bothered to find the progress of their children nor allow them to do any academically related work. Once they reach home they are made to do manual work.
You must see Hichki & you will come to know their plight through students of IX F class.
There is so much hidden talent in them. Malnourishment & Poverty takes its toll & all the talents get buried under it.

We focus on their Health, Education & encourage them to participate in Extra Curriculum Activities.
Please join us to make this World a Better Place to Live.

If this cause resonates with you.... join in :) We need more hands and hearts.
Signing Off for now,
Sona Kumar






Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank You Ji
      We have to learn a lot from young generation like you.

      Delete
  2. Hey there.. I know Sona since last three years now. We met for some professional《confidential》 purpose and then became very close friends. Her enthusiasm to work for these slum kids is BEYOND imaginable. I have seen her working head to toe for the well being these little futures of INDIA. I have seen her crying when things do not fall in favour of kids and then again she will start from zero and then will make sure that kids get the smile on their face. I love that she has started this blog. I wish her all the very best. I will make sure I will one active member in this group. I have lot to speak and express about her and Sona Sarowar trust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really encouraging, and I look forward to contribute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog